Published on Tuesday 17 January 2023
Procedures for applying to an identification fiche for a series-produced microlight (page under construction - for more details see the page in French)
News and points of attention
# 24 June 2019 - Revision of the ULM decree
Following the publication of the new European Basic Regulation (EU) 2018/1139, the French decree on ULMs has been revised to extend certain limits of mass and power.
Application for an identification fiche
The application shall include :
1/ the identification fiche application form
2/ the description of the ULM
Note: the manufacturer can choose to use the services of a representative / subcontractor in order to assist him in the procedures concerning the ULM.
However, except in the case where this representative acts only as an intermediary between the French authorities and the ULM manufacturer but does not produce, adapt or sign any document in the name of the manufacturer, a mandate shall be provided, in which the manufacturer identifies the precise level of delegation to his representative, and acknowledges that he is accountable for the actions of the representative.
However the forms mentioned at above points 1/ and 2/ shall be signed by the manufacturer itself, who cannot delegate the authority to sign these forms to a representative.
3/ proof of compliance with the applicable technical conditions (structural resistance, flight test report, compliance with additional technical conditions, noise test report *)
* except for class 1
4/ the user and maintenance manuals, in French
5/ a weighing report * indicating any differences between the weighed configuration and the reference configuration
* except for class 1
6/ a proof of payment of the 100 € fee, made by telepayment on the website of the surveillance and certification fees or, using the form below, by another method of payment (see below)
You send these documents preferably by email to:
or failing that by post to:
Direction générale de l’Aviation civile
50, rue Henri Farman
75720 PARIS CEDEX 15
Identification of an individual ULM
Modification of the reference ULM
Manufacturer identification card
Series ULM identification fiche duplicata
- Identification fiche application form for a series-produced ULM – Class 1 (R8-ULM-F101 EN) (PDF - 31.34 Ko)
- Identification fiche application form for a series-produced ULM – Classes 2 to 6 (R8-ULM-F102 EN) (PDF - 32.89 Ko)
- Description of a microlight – Class 1 (R8-ULM-F001 EN) (PDF - 28.04 Ko)
- Description of a microlight – Classes 2 to 4 (R8-ULM-F002 EN) (PDF - 31.01 Ko)
- Description of a microlight – Class 5 (R8-ULM-F003 EN) (PDF - 35.94 Ko)
- Description of a microlight – Class 6 (R8-ULM-F004 EN) (PDF - 29.08 Ko)
Licence de station d’aéronef
- Formulaire de redevance d’aptitude au vol/ULM fee form for series-produced ULM manufacturers EN (PDF - 157.99 Ko)
- R8-ULM-F104 EN - Reference weight report (PDF - 92.54 Ko)
- Order dated 23 September 1998 pertaining to motorised microlights (PDF - 898.76 Ko)
- Instruction dated 24 June 2019 pertaining to microlights (PDF - 1.06 Mo)
- ULM équipé d'une hélice à pas variable (PDF - 57.84 Ko)
- ULM équipé d'un parachute de secours (PDF - 38.21 Ko)
- ULM équipé d’un train rentrant (PDF - 38.13 Ko)
- ULM remorqueur de planeur (PDF - 73.02 Ko)
- ULM hélicoptère ultra léger (PDF - 323.76 Ko)
- Note relative aux conditions de délivrance et de renouvellement de la licence de station d’aéronef pour les ULM – édition 4 (PDF - 456.1 Ko)
Your opinion matters
The DGAC is concerned with improving the quality of its services.
To help us in this process, we thank you for taking a few moments to answer the questionnaire.